Patient Privacy Notice
This notice is designed to clearly inform you about the data we obtain from you; how we obtain it; why we obtain it; who obtains it; how we store it; how long we store it for; how it may be processed; by whom it may be processed; how you obtain a copy of the data we hold on you and when the data will be destroyed.
The data we obtain from you:
- Name, address, date of birth, occupational details and contact details.
- Medical history inclusive of medications and the GP practice that you are registered with.
How do we obtain the data?
- The data we obtain from you comes from the medical history form you complete upon your initial visit and the information obtained from you from the clinician tending to your foot care needs.
Why is the data obtained?
- The data that we obtain is the minimal necessary to enable us to carry out safe and effective treatments to your feet.
- The data that we obtain is not used for any other purposes beyond providing your foot health treatment.
Who has access to the data?
- The data is accessed by the clinician providing your foot care needs.
- This clinician will act as the data handler by booking in your treatment and filing your clinical records away.
- In the event of a medical emergency, relevant data that we hold on you may be passed over to the emergency services if it is required in your vital interests.
- Unless the data is legitimately requested by authorised personnel (i.e. within a legal context), no other persons have access to this data.
How is my data stored?
- Your data is stored physically on a record card. Only your contact telephone number, and email address if given, is stored electronically on a password-encrypted computer, which has a fire wall and an up to date anti-virus programme.
- The record cards are stored in a locked cabinet, within a locked room, within a locked clinic, within a locked compound which has CCTV cameras.
- Only the clinician treating you has keys to this cabinet.
- Data stored electronically is on a password-encrypted computer that only the clinician treating you has password-access to.
- As we hold data on people electronically, the clinic is registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
How is my data processed?
- Your data is processed purely in terms of making and annotating clinical notes relating to your foot health care.
- Your data is not used for promotional or marketing purposes.
- Your contact details are used only in the event that we need to get hold of you in relation to an appointment or service that you have with the clinic.
- Your data will not be passed onto any third parties.
How long is my data stored for?
- Your data is typically stored for 7 years after the date of your last appointment.
- If your last appointment was when you were under the age of 18, then the data will continue to be stored until the date of your 25th birthday.
- After these time periods have elapsed, your data will be destroyed.
How can I access my data?
- If you would like to have a copy of the data that we hold on you, then you are to contact us directly to make such a request. We will provide this information within 30 days.